Where can one secure some Bob White Quail to release?

Putershark

Meaning they have had very limited exposure to humans so they are just not "small chickens" roaming around the yard after getting released?

This Thread I started on Performance Outdoors might explain why I would like to get some ;)

Thanks!
Dave

Randy Durham

Administrator
Staff member
Patron
Hi Dave. I haven't gotten into raising quail yet (the wife is hedging on that one!) but we'll try to do some research to find an option for you. If you come up with it first please share with the group here. :cool:

Putershark

Thanks!
And nothing so far thus I am going to reach out to FWC and see if they know how I can secure some? I also reached out to Quail Forever again to see what direction they can provide?

Now feel free to raise some in one of those fancy roller type of pens that they cannot see out well, but can be dragged across the ground to give them fresh grass and bugs to eat. You know the Lisa's wants you to have one ;) then you can bring them here to be released (awesome idea) :cool:

And still searching on a place and a cost to just have some set free right from my place here on the Island if I can :D

Randy Durham

Administrator
Staff member
Patron
Currently using the "chicken tractor" for six new chicks. They are four weeks old and I just moved them from a large plastic bin under a heat lamp in the garage. To the chicken tractor. The quail dream lives on though! :LOL:

Randy Durham

Administrator
Staff member
Patron
Well there you go! I've actually got another section off my barn that I was thinking of enclosing for raising quail in. But this year I want to clean out the root cellar I built under my barn, wire it for electricity and setup grow lights, a fish tank for talapia and grow beds for lettuce, tomatoes, etc. to grow year round in an aquaponics system. The quail will have to wait until after that. ;)