I am Randy Durham

Randy Durham

Administrator
Staff member
Patron
Hi folks. My name is Randy Durham and I am the founder of thebackyardfarmer.com. This has been a dream for me for a few years now, to create an educational and inspirational community of gardeners, growers, farmers, beekeepers and others that enjoy sharing what they have learned in the garden so that we can grow together. I spent a good bit of time in my early childhood on my grandfather's 20 acre farm and observed the process of plowing, planting, cultivating, harvesting and preserving food in the late 1950's and early 60's. Our family always had a summer garden and mom canned a lot of the food we ate over the winter. My wife and I have had a garden for most of our 33+ years together. A few years ago we added chickens to our backyard "farm" and last year I took the leap into beekeeping. There is so much that I want to learn from you and hopefully I'll have something to share as well.

I have been a video producer by profession for over 40 years and hope to use that experience to produce some informative and inspiring videos on many different gardening topics with some of the amazing experts in our nearby universities and home gardens in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. Thebackyardfarmer.com will hopefully appeal to a national and in some areas international audience. We're just based in NC as our launching location.

I hope you will introduce yourself here in the Meet and Greet forum and tell us about your gardening interests and experiences. You can also post photos in our Media section (link above) and link them within your forum posts.

I look forward to growing together!
Randy